As we look forward to a shiny new year, all of us here at Strahm want to take a minute and reminisce about the memories of 2015 that we not only shared within our company, but also our community. At the end of 2014 we made a decision to redirect the use of our “Marketing Dollars”. Instead of using this capital towards ads, commercials and billboards that would focus directly on bringing attention to Strahm, we decided to invest it in sponsoring local events, philanthropies and businesses. There were many reasons for the decision to go in this direction. The biggest reason was to show support, through funding and personally attending events as a company, for organizations that help make our city so wonderful. Here is a look at a majority of what Strahm was involved with in 2015!
- Downtown Improvement District – We were a year-long “Silver Sponsor” for the DID in 2015 which included sponsoring BuskerFest 2015.
- Embassy Theatre – We were a year-long “Chorus Sponsor” for the Historic Embassy Theatre in 2015.
- Adam’s Radio Group – We were the “Outdoor Patio Sponsor” for 96.3 XKE’s Beer, Bourbon and Bacon Festival in 2015, which took place at the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory.
- Allen County SPCA – We were a “Jalapeno Sponsor” for the 2015 Doggone Best Chili Challenge at Lucky Harley Davidson where all proceeds went to the Allen County SPCA.
- American Heart Association – We participated in and sponsored the American Heart Association’s 2015 Northeast Indiana Heart Walk at Ivy Tech’s North Campus.
- Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana – We both attended and sponsored three events for YLNI in 2015, which included their Masquerade Ball, Living Fort Wayne Film Series and the 2015 My City Summit.
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo – We were a year-long “50th Birthday Sponsor” as well as attended and sponsored Zoobilee 2015.
- Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana – We participated in and sponsored the Lapper and Survivor’s Day Walk and Celebration.
- SCAN – We were a “Teal Duck Dignitary Sponsor” for the Weigand Construction Duck Race to Benefit SCAN.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana – We were a “Silver Spare Sponsor” for BBBS of Northeast Indiana’s Bowl For Kids’ Sake Event.
- United Way of Allen County – We were a sponsor for the 2015 Power of the Purse Event that was put on by Women United.
- Community Harvest Food Bank – In 2015, we did a “Spare Change Collection” in our office that went towards cans for our CANstruction Team, New Haven High School, whom we sponsored.
We are excited to support some of these great causes and companies again in 2016 as well as spread the love to some new events and organizations. We look forward to seeing you out in the community!